SIFP's Faculty and Staff Fellow Program connects partnering staff and faculty with SIFP fellows through a variety of event and 1:1 opportunities throughout the year. Since 2016, SIFP has been working with staff and faculty to connect with our students, offer general mentorship, and engage in professional development. This year, Faculty and Staff Fellows will have two key responsibilities:
- Hold 10 total office hours each semester where they meet with students and provide high-touch, ongoing mentorship. We will set up a single, program-wide WASE calendar where Faculty and Staff Fellows can schedule hours, and students will sign up based on their schedules and interests. We suggest these meetings be ~20-30 minutes per student, but their length can, of course, vary. Repeat meetings with students are also fine.
- Attend and/or facilitate 1 of the workshops or mentorship events on the SIFP calendar each semester. These usually take 3 forms:
- Mentorship Mondays low key conversations around professionalization and academics.
- Workshop Wednesdays sessions such as “Resumes and Cover Letters” and “Office Hours and Precepts.”
- Feel Good Fridays events interacting with students casually over jigsaw puzzles, board games, and other fun activities.
We’ll have a menu of events for Faculty and Staff Fellows to choose from, and we’ll be happy to help match them with ones that might be good fits. On the sign-up form you will select one day you are available. Or, if you’d like to create your own event, we’re happy to hear suggestions.
In addition to these required responsibilities, we also encourage Faculty and Staff Fellows to attend big SIFP events such as the Fall Kickoff (typically held annually in September) and Alumni Mixers, if they’re available.
Faculty and Staff Fellows are also welcome to attend any of the SIFP sponsored trips to places such as Terhune Orchards or Six Flags. (Details about such events will be available via the weekly SIFP Digest.) And we’re always open if Faculty and Staff Fellows have other ideas for workshops and events!
Faculty/Staff Fellows will receive a $1,000 honorarium ($500 per semester) or a professional development stipend.
If you’re interested in serving as a Faculty/Staff Fellow with SIFP for 2022-2023, please complete and submit the online application.
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions – Dr. Ashlee Shaw (email@example.com) and Dr. Andy Hakim (firstname.lastname@example.org)! We would be happy to meet with you in person to discuss the role and the program in greater detail. We sincerely hope that you will consider this opportunity to be a part of the SIFP community and look forward to hearing from you soon!